Should spring be just around the corner and you are getting ready to sell your home there are a few tasks for getting your yard into shape prior to home buyer visits.
By taking care to clean up your outside yard areas you expand your living space for outdoor play and entertaining of family and friends. Painting a picture of lifestyle benefits of wining and dining boosts a properties marketing appeal and with that the sales price.
Transcend the walls of your home to show your outdoor sitting areas where buyers can imagine taking a break from a busy schedule that is just steps outside the door.
Take a critical look at your yard around you, then get to work! Here is a list to get you started:
- Remove burlap from trees and shrubs as the weather warms.
- Remove winter killed dead or damaged branches
- Prune away winter-killed branches to make room for new growth.
- Cut back and divide spent perennials to 4-5 inches
- Cut back ornamental grasses to a height of 2-3 inches
- Thin crowded beds of daylilies or iris
- Cut back rose canes that have winter kill to 1 inch below blacked are.
- pull up old annuals
- Clean around plants by raking up fallen leaves and dead foliage
- Prep damaged grass areas for reseeding
- Sweep hardscaped patio areas
- Remove damaged pickets or fencing and paint peeling pickets
- Clean up the bbq or reposition from view
Home staging shouldn’t be confined just to indoors. Home stage the exterior by cleaning up the exterior of your home it extends the feeling home to your exterior spaces. Cooking, relaxing or just hanging out reflects lifestyle benefits that home buyers enjoy, work to capture that feeling of home outside.